Terms and Conditions
On occasion, you may be able to place a product in your shopping cart and submit your order for processing, but your order is subsequently cancelled due to unavailability of product. You acknowledge that products may sell quickly and there may be a short period of time after an order has been submitted, but where the product is no longer available. You agree that we may cancel your order after you have received an Order Confirmation without penalty.
On very rare occasions, you may receive a Shipping Confirmation from us, but the product is no longer available in our or our third party fulfillment provider’s inventory. You agree that we may rescind our acceptance and cancel your order without penalty if we are unable to ship the product you ordered due to unavailability.
If you’re interested in a piece of jewelry that is currently on back order, call us and we can tell you when the item will be back in stock. Sometimes with the volume of orders we receive, an item may go out of stock before we are able to post a notification on the Site. If this happens, we will contact you directly to discuss possible options.
Data, including prices, may be inaccurately displayed on our Site due to system or typographical errors. While we make every attempt to avoid these errors, they may occur. We reserve the right to correct any and all errors when they do occur, and we do not honor inaccurate or erroneous prices. If a product’s listed price is lower than its actual price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping the product or cancel the order and notify you of such cancellation. If the order has been shipped, you agree to either return the product or pay the difference between the actual and charged prices. Our prices are also subject to change without notice. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of our jewelry experts at email@example.com or 1-302-537-1121.
We do not negotiate prices on our products and all our prices are final.
After you have selected your jewelry and provided shipping information, you will see a prompt for your payment details, such as your credit card information and any promotional codes or gift cards you may have. By entering your payment information and submitting your order, you authorize us and our third party payment processors to charge the amount of the order to your selected payment method.
At Ocean View Jewelers, we make every attempt to ensure that our online catalog is as accurate and complete as possible. In order to give you the opportunity to view our products in great detail, some products may appear larger or smaller than their actual size in our photographs; and since every computer monitor is set differently, color and size may vary slightly.
Our objective is to provide you with as much information and detail about your prospective purchase as possible so that you can see the beauty and shape of a particular item. In compliance with industry standards and FTC regulations, Ocean View Jewelers states that carat total weight in all purchases may vary 0.05 carats from stated weight.
On the Site, we provide the measurement of our products based on our manufacturing specifications. Slight tolerances may be accounted for based on finishing during the manufacturing. Width tolerance on machine made wedding bands of 0.20mm is allowed. Cast manufactured rings can vary slightly more.
For gemstone and pearl measurements, a tolerance of 0.25mm is allowed.
For diamond jewelry set with multiple diamonds, we provide the minimum total carat weight for the piece. Color and clarity grades are expressed as either a minimum or an average depending on the number of diamonds. If stated as a minimum, all diamonds within the piece are at or above the stated quality. If expressed as an average, collectively the quality is equal to or exceeds the grade stated.
Our Site includes a product review feature, and includes or may include in the future discussion forums, user generated content, or other areas or services in which you or third parties create, post, or store any content, messages, materials or other items on our Site (‘Interactive Areas’). You are solely responsible for your use of such Interactive Areas and use them at your own risk. By using any Interactive Areas, you agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through our Site any of the following:
- Any message, data, information, text, music, sound, photos, video, graphics, code or other material (‘User Content’) that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
- User Content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law, including, without limitation, the regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission or any rules of a securities exchange such as the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ;
- User Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party. By posting any User Content, you represent and warrant that you have the lawful right to distribute and reproduce such User Content;
- User Content that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations;
- Private information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- Viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files; and
- User Content that, in the sole judgment of Ocean View Jewelers, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Interactive Areas or our Site, or which may expose Ocean View Jewelers or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
If you post User Content to our Site, unless we indicate otherwise, you grant Ocean View Jewelers and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such User Content throughout the world in any media. You grant Ocean View Jewelers and its affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that (a) you own and control all of the rights to the User Content that you post or you otherwise have the right to post such User Content to our Site; (b) the User Content is accurate and not misleading; and (c) use and posting of the User Content you supply does not violate these Terms and Conditions and will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity.